The Caveman Auto Parts Return and Warranty Promise
Caveman Auto Parts (“CAP”) makes the following return and limited warranties as to the automotive and trucks parts (“Part(s)”) sold by the Company to you, the original purchaser, the (“Repairer”) an independently owned and operated Licensed Repair Facility are subject to the following conditions and limitations:
30-Day Return Policy:
Parts may be returned to CAP, at the of location purchase, for any reason within the first thirty (30) days after purchase, for a full refund of the purchase price of the Part(s), less CAP’s cost to ship the Part(s), if any. The original sales receipt must accompany all returns. Returns without the original receipt will not be accepted. A part returned undamaged within 30 days of the original purchase may be credited at management’s discretion, but no credit will be given for any part returned more than 30 days after the original purchase date. Core charges are refundable if the appropriate core is returned within 30 days. No returns will be accepted after 30 days.
180-Day Limited Mechanical Parts Warranty:
Your investment is protected with a 180-Day Limited Mechanical Parts Warranty against mechanical product failure do to defect. At its discretion, CAP will repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of the part in the event of failure. CAP reserves the right to replace failed parts with equal to or greater than mileage parts. The mechanical parts warranty begins the date the part was purchased from CAP as indicated on CAP’s invoice and ends 180-days later.
All Parts will be free of material defects and fit for their intended purpose for a period of 180 days from the date of purchase, with is the date on the invoice (“Warranty Coverage Period”).
· Accessory parts left on the engine are for you or your Company’s convivence and are not warrantied or covered under this warranty or an extended warranty and may void the warranty.
· Should any Part not be free from material defects, CAP, at its sole discretion, shall elect to do one of the following:
a. Replace the Part(s) free of charge;
b. Repair the Part (s) free of charge; or,
c. Refund the purchase price.
Improper installation or failure to complete service bulletin items voids this warranty. Lack of manufacture recommended maintenance also voids this warranty. CAP requires proof of proper installation and maintenance.
Extended Warranty Programs:
Gold Warranty: 12 months/12,000 miles part and labor warranty (available for engines and transmissions with 125,000 miles or less).
Silver Warranty: 12 months/12,000 miles part warranty (available for engines and transmissions with 125,000 miles or less).
PROPER INSTALLATION PROCEDURES:
1. Cooling systems much have proper capacity and must be flushed and filled with new fluid upon installation;
2. Engines must have new oil and filter installed upon installation and every 3,000 miles (or manufacture’s recommended service intervals) thereafter;
3. Replace water pump;
4. Replace hoses and belts;
5. Replace timing belt;
6. Install and replace spark plugs and wires;
7. Inspect and replace gaskets and seals (oil pan gasket, front and rear main seals, valve cover gaskets);
8. Clear all computer codes from the vehicle prior to installation;
9. Make sure engine is the same application as the one being replaced;
10. Exchange accessory items (exhaust manifolds, mounts, distributor, sensor);
11. Disable fuel and ignition before starting the engine (this will allow the oil to prime);
12. Remove all plugs/tape on engine before installing;
1. Make sure transmission is same application as the one being replaced;
2. Remove torque converter strap;
3. Replaced front and rear seals and change sensors as needed
4. Replace transmission filter;
5. Install the torque converter completely into the front pump;
6. Flush radiator and transmission cooler lines. Flush or replace transmission cooler to ensure debris from bad transmission is out of the system;
7. Fill transmission with manufacture recommended type and amount of fluids upon installation;
8. Clear all transmission computer codes prior to operating;
9. Several transmissions must re-learn the shift logic to the transmission prior to operating;
10. Remove all plugs/tap on transmission before installing;
11. Replace seals, filters, and gaskets;
Gold and Silver Warranty Requirements:
1. Proper fluid levels must be maintained at all times after installation;
2. In the event a warranty claim is made and authorized during the Warranty Coverage Period, you must purchase a new extended warranty on the replaced or repaired Part or the replacement part shall be passed to you, from CAP, without an extended warranty.
3. To file a warranty claim, visit Caveman Auto Parts, 460 NE Agness Avenue, Grants Pass, OR 97526, Ph: 541-787-4921 when the part is still installed in the vehicle and be prepared to provide diagnostic codes. All warranty claims must be authorized by CAP and will be processed within 15 days of authorization.
1. CAP will pay for certain limited labor and materials necessary to replace the defective Part. CAP will pay for:
2. Labor costs at a licenses automotive repair facility (“Repairer”), in an amount not to exceed the lower of the actual ordinary hourly mechanic’s rate at the Repair Facility or $55.00 per hour multiplied by the number of Mitchell Repairmate hours indicated (as published by Mitchell International, Inc) – all as necessary to repair or replace the defective Part;
3. Up to $100.00 in fluids, filters, seals, and gaskets necessary to repair or replace the defective Part;
4. In no event shall CAP pay more than $1,000.00 or 25% of the Part purchase price (whichever is greater) in combined labor, fluids, filters, seals, and gaskets.
All Warranties are Null and Void if:
· The vehicle is used in a fleet, taxi, government, commercial, or limo service, or has been converted from a private passenger use to commercial fleet use or is used for racing or other competition or off-road recreational purposes.
· The part in installed in an application for which the manufacture did not indent it.
· Failure is caused by abuse, misuse, or modifications
· Failure is causing by towing a trailer or other vehicles unless your vehicle is equipped for this purpose and recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
· The vehicle has been modified to plow snow, whether the snowplow is attached to the vehicle or not.
· The part fails or becomes defective due to the vehicle being involved in a collision.
· The installed heat tab centered is melted or removed.
· The “Caveman Auto Parts Installation Procedure” is not complied with upon installation
· The part is sold “As IS” as indicated on the front of the invoice
· The vehicle is not serviced at proper intervals, or fuel/oil/coolant is not used in accordance with the vehicle manufacture’s specifications.
· The engine oil and filter are not replaced at time of installation and every 3,000 miles (or manufacture’s recommended service intervals) with appropriate OEM recommended motor oil (must be documented).
· The transmission fluid and filter are not replaced at time of installation with OEM recommended transmission fluid (must be documented).
· Failure is caused by or related to a collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightening, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, freezing or flood.
Terms and Conditions:
· Approval for repairs or replacements must be approved by CAP prior to any work being performed.
· We reserve the right to inspect any product prior to replacement.
· Payment for labor requires approval by CAP of the estimate, prior to review or proof of scheduled maintenance, and proof the work is done.
· The original invoice must accompany all returns.
· Appropriate maintenance receipts required.
· This warranty is not transferrable
· Windshield and other glass breakage are not covered under this warranty.
· This warranty does not cover freight costs or similar damages.
· Timing belts, water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, fluids and seals are routine maintenance and must be replaced at the time of installation and at the vehicle manufacture’s recommended service intervals.
· Proper operation of the cooling and electrical system must be checked during the installation of products that can be affected by those systems.
· While most fluids have been drained from our products, it is your responsibility to completely drain and replace fluids, lubricants, antifreeze, and filters with replacements that are fresh, clean and approved by the vehicle manufacturer.
· Transmissions: it is the responsibility of the installer to replace the radiator or transmission oil cooler, flush the transmission oil cooling lines, fill differential, adjust shifter mechanisms, replace filters, replaces seals, replace pan gaskets, and reset or re place computer codes when installing a transmission.,
· Engines: claims related to the overheating and/or improper lubrication of the engine or its components are not covered by this warranty,
· Other: tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings, and bushings related to steering and suspension components are not covered by this warranty and should be inspected and replaced as needed by the installer.
· In the event of failure: The purchaser must use all reasonable means to protect the product from further damage and must return the original defective product to CAP. The purchaser must furnish Company with such information as CAP may reasonably require, including proof of the vehicle’s regular maintenance as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer in the owner’s manual.
IMPORTANT NOTICES: FOR ANY RECYCLED SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM (“SRS”) SUCH AS A RECYLED AIRBAG OR SEATBELT PRETENSIONER TO OPERATE PROPERLY, A QUALIFIED INSTALLER MUST INSTALL THE SRS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURE’S SPECIFICATIONS. Any SRS that in not installed correctly will subject passengers in a vehicle to risks of serious injuries, including death. The purchaser of an SRS assumes all risks of damages or injuries, including death, which may arise as a result of the improper installation of an SRS. An SRS may contain Perchlorate Material and special handling may be required.
CAP guarantees with respect to non-deployed airbags sold by CAP have followed the Automotive Recyclers Association Protocol for the Use of Original Equipment Non-Deployed airbags. ALL NON-DEPLOYED AIRBAGS AND OTHER SRS’S ARE SOLD ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND THE USER ASSUMES ALL RISKS THAT MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THIS PRODUCT. CAP MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING SALES OF NON-DEPLOYED AIRBAGS OR OTHER SRS’S (INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICUALR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY).
CAP is not responsible for safe transportation, securing products, or insuring their security on your vehicle.
Tires: Due to many and varied and different conditions to which used tires may have previously been exposed, CAP makes absolutely NO warranty, expressed or implied, as the fitness for a general or particular purpose or merchantability in connection with any sale of used tires. ALL USED TIRES ARE SOLD “AS IS”. Used tires are not tested or labeling by CAP to meet any safety standards. The purchaser of used tires from CAP agrees to accept all risks relating to the use of such tires.
If any part sold hereunder has a Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) on it, the installed must obtain a replacement VIN for such part to an extent necessary to comply with applicable laws.